Why Human Milk
The American Academy of Pediatric found that infants who breastfeed have a…
- 77% lower risk of developing lower respiratory tract infections
- 77% lower risk of developing NEC
- 31% lower risk of inflammatory bowel disease
- 36% lower risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- 24% lower risk of obesity
- Preter/ill infants aren’t completely developed and need human milk to fight infections and build stronger.
- Mother of preterm babies sometimes can’t make enough milk to meet the needs of their babies due to illness, early delivery, or other health problems.
- By giving milk you’re helping a preterm baby go home a healthy baby.
How to get Involved?
Donors are healthy women who are currently lactating and have extra milk. Donate Your Milk
We’re a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that depends on gifts to fund our operation.
The Oklahoma Mother’s Milk Bank depends on volunteers to keep costs down.
KFOR / Anne Darnell Gillingham & Princess Belle talk with Linda Cavanaugh
about fundraising for Oklahoma Mothers’…
FOX 25 News reporter Kisha Henry features the Oklahoma Mothers’ Milk Bank…